We are currently recruiting candidates for the following positions:
- Welcome tourists and groups who come to Cave
of the Mounds NNL
- Conduct safe, enjoyable, and educational tours
- Assist customers in the amazing rock & fossil shop
- Assist customers in the snack bar
- Help to maintain neat, clean and safe buildings and grounds
- Lead interpretive tours of the Cave that are safe, fun, and educational
- Tell the story of the Cave - its formation, growth,
discovery, development, and protection - throughout all aspects of time
- Greet the public with a smile and helpful information so they will enjoy their visit to Cave of the Mounds National Natural Landmark
- Assist customers with the sale of
merchandise and restock the amazing rock & fossil shop
- Serve customers at the seasonal snack bar in the Visitor Center
- Assist with the processing of merchandise
including unpacking, marking, light manufacturing and storing
- Assist with the maintenance of the buildings and
grounds through typical tasks and chores such as sweeping, mopping, trash removal, dusting, raking, etc.
Qualified Candidates will have:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a friendly manner
- A desire for interaction with the general
public and public speaking
- Interest in the natural environment, nature appreciation, nature education
- Good conflict resolution skills and desire to work as a member of a team
- The desire to do a wide variety of tasks in the course of a workday
- You get to take people through a beautiful Cave!!
- Reciprocity with many, many awesome Wisconsin tourist attractions
- Super cool staff events such as off trail caving, fossil hunts, campfires, and barn movie nights
- Paid training and annual wage review
- The "coolest" summer job EVER!
Contact us at 608-437-3038 if interested in employment.
Download & Print our Employment Application
Download & Print our Tour Guide Job Description